Booking a Large Party at SLU
Thanks for your interest about reserving seats at South Lake Union location!
For groups less than 20 people.
Call us and we will be able to book your reservation over the phone. We need at least 12 to 24 hours notice for reservations under 20 people. (206) 739-5996
For parties of more than 20 please Email us.
Since reservations for more than 20 folks are limited during peak business days, email us at reservations.chupacabra @gmail.com at least two weeks in advance to ensure we can accommodate you. NOTE: We will respond back in 1 to 3 business days via email, it is the preferred method of communication with large parties.
*No reservations can be made for our outdoor patio due to limited table space and variations in weather (this is Seattle!). We have a wait list if the patio is at capacity, the staff will seat you first come first serve in order of arrival in person.
Options for Parties of 20 & over:
Please contact us at least two weeks in advance if you are planning on making a reservation over 20 at any time of the year.
Reservations for parties over 20 are limited during our peak business hours or depending on reservations that have already been made. Email to check availability.
Option 1: Reserve tables needed for the size of your party
Suitable for parties of 20-30 people. Just let us know how many guests you have and we will set aside tables to accommodate you. Depending on the section requested, the seating may either be set up as one long table (Sun Room) or as separate tables that are next to each other (Dining Room & Bar Lounge).
Option 2: Reserve one large section
We have a large Sun Room, Dining Room, or Bar Lounge tables (limit one area) that can be reserved for 30 to 50 patrons. The bar area and unoccupied dining section would remain open to the public. There is no deposit or minimum needed.
*This option is available on a limited basis depending on day and time of the year. We may not be able to reserve large areas during peak business hours.
Option 3: Reserve both Sun Room & Dining Room
This could accommodate up to 100 people. The bar counter and 6 bar area tables would remain open to the public.
There is a $1000 minimum that we’ll apply to total bill for the party. We require a primary card holder at the start of your reservation in person. (The ‘minimum’ applies to your total bill and is not a separate charge. If you do not reach the minimum, we will charge the difference to the tab.)
We can do separate checks for additional food and beverages, but additional tabs will not be calculated into the $1000 minimum requirement.
*This option is only available from Labor Day weekend in September until the start of Memorial Day weekend in May. We may not be able to reserve large areas during peak business hours.
Option 4: Private event
You would get the whole space, a full staff on duty, and no public admitted. Accommodates 150+
- Private Evening event from 4 pm to midnight: Sunday to Wednesday– $2000 minimum.
- Private Evening event from 4 pm to midnight: Thursday, Friday, & Saturday– $3500 minimum.
- Private Lunch events from 11 am and 4 pm all days of the week– $2000 minimum.
For private events a non-refundable $250 deposit is needed to secure the restaurant ahead of time, we can take payment for this over the phone and will add this back into your tab on the day of the event. We require a primary card holder for the remaining tab provided person at the start of your reservation. (The ‘minimum’ applies to your total bill and is not a separate charge. If you do not reach the minimum, we will charge the difference to the tab.)
We can do separate tabs for additional food and beverages, but additional tabs will not be calculated into the minimum requirement.
*This option is only available from Labor Day weekend in September until the start of Memorial Day weekend in May and may not be available during peak business hours.
Food & Drinks
For reservations of any size our regular food and drink menus are available. You may order any item off of the menu when you party arrives. Pricing is based on our standard menu items.
- Group friendly menu options you can pre-request via email are: single tacos, nachos, quesadillas, tachos, mexi tots, poppers, fried jalapenos, rice & beans, black bean dip & chips, guacamole & chips, chips & salsa. We are more than happy arrange a buffet style set up with these group friendly items, just ask in your email.*
- Dinner items can be individually ordered when your group arrives. These items include: burritos, enchiladas, tortas, taco salads, tostadas, chimichangas, and posole soup. (No pre order available for dinner items.)
- If you come between 4-6 every day there is a Happy Hour menu. (No pre order available for Happy Hour items.)
- Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 11-3. (No pre order available for brunch menu items.)
*Pricing is based on our house menu items. We do not provide special pricing options and do not have a catering menu.
**We start preparing pre-ordered food at the time of party arrival to avoid food loss from late or canceled reservations. For security purposes, payment for all tabs are taken in person on the day of your reservation.
- Check split limit 10 ways, Please bring cash if you all need separate tabs.
- For reservations of any size our regular food and drink menu is available. We do not provide special pricing and do not have a special catering menu. Many of our menu items are group friendly and we are more than happy arrange a buffet style set up with them, just ask in your email.
- At SLU we do not have a space for live music or a DJ but we have amazing views and lots of space to mingle!
- Due to size, Alki Beach and Greenwood are not available for reservations of any size.
- We do not provide off site catering.
- We do not take reservations for the outdoor patio area.
- Reservations for parties over 20 may be suspended during our peak spring and summer season from the end of May until the fist week of September, depending on peak volume days.